Obtaining, replacing and updating certificates

Obtaining copies of past examinations results/certificates

If you took your examinations within the last year, contact the examinations officer at your centre to check if they have your original certificates. CCEA dispatches certificates to centres approximately 2 months after exam results are published.  Centres are required to keep them for a minimum of 12 months.

CCEA does not hold results for OCR (formerly RSA)PitmanCity & Guilds, GNVQ and NVQ qualifications.

Replacement of an original certificate

We can only issue an original replacement certificate if the originals were damaged or defaced. Please return your original certificate(s) with a completed application. This service is only available for certificates issued from 2001 onwards.

    Certified Statement of Results

    A Certified Statement of Results is an official copy of the final examination results held by CCEA.  We will issue a Certified Statement of Results if you have lost or did not collect your certificate from your centre and they no longer have the original.

    This certified document is accepted by educational institutions and employers. It lists your subjects and grades, as shown on your original certificate.

    You may use our application form to obtain a Certified Statement of Results for CCEA’s General Qualifications, including GCE A-Levels, GCSE, CSE, GCE O-Levels and Vocational Qualifications including Keyskills, Occupational Studies, OLA, QCF and Entry Level. This service is available for certificates obtained in 1963 to present.

    Change of name on certificates

    CCEA does not change details, including names, on a qualifications certificate once it has been issued. A qualifications certificate is a historical record, showing the candidate’s name and achievements at the time of the award.

    The one exception to this is where a candidate requests a name change on the original certificate because of gender re-assignment. If you wish to apply for your name to be changed on your original certificate because of gender re-assignment please send the following to CCEA:

    • a completed application form;
    • two photocopies of current identification (do not send original documents).;
    • either a deed poll certificate or a statutory declaration.