Examination Procedures Review Service
Important Information about the Examination Procedures Review Service (EPRS)
CCEA Regulation has put in place arrangements for the EPRS for:
- November 2021 examination series (GCSE sciences, English, Mathematics)
- March 2022 examination series (GCSE sciences)
Please note that the Terms of Reference reflects the removal of the CDG approach and the reintroduction of examinations.
The EPRS is open to candidates in Northern Ireland (NI) taking qualifications with CCEA Awarding Organisation (AO).
Applications to the EPRS
Applications cannot be made to EPRS before the outcome of an appeal has been formally reported by the awarding organisation (AO) to the candidate.
Applications can be made to the EPRS on the basis that the candidate believes the AO:
- failed to follow its own procedure (allowed on procedural grounds); and/or
- failed to secure the outcomes which reflect the regulations set out and published by CCEA Regulation (allowed on compliance grounds).
The EPRS will consider applications and determine whether, in relation to the application, CCEA Awarding Organisation has followed its own procedures in the management of the candidate’s appeal.
The EPRS process will consider cases that meet the EPRS criteria and examine the submitted evidence from the AO and centre and reach a decision. Applications will be considered by members of the EPRS Regulation Review Panel. The application will be allowed or dismissed. Both the AO and centre will be informed of the decision.
CCEA Regulation will endeavour to complete the EPRS process within 6 weeks. If we need further time, we will contact the centre to explain the reasons for this.
- You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open our interactive PDFs.
- Save the file to your computer - right click and choose "Save Link As/Save Target As".
- Navigate to where you saved the document on your computer; right click and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Our interactive PDFs will not work if you attempt to open with your browser or on an iPad/Android tablet.