Level 3 Classroom Assistants (2011)
Please note that the last opportunity for assessment for this qualification is Summer 2021; after that, the qualification will be withdrawn. In 2020 and 2021 the assessment is available in Summer only.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or over.
The CCEA Level 3 Certificate for Classroom Assistants helps learners to develop their knowledge and skills in supporting children, young people and adults in their learning and assessment.
Assessment for all units is portfolio based.
Learners produce a portfolio of evidence for each unit. This shows the practical skills they have gained and how these meet the assessment criteria. Centres assess the portfolios of evidence and we moderate them.
There is no examination or test in this qualification.
The specification has six mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 2: Schools as organisations
- Unit 3: Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Unit 4: Support learning activities
- Unit 5: Support assessment for learning
- Unit 6: Understand child and young person development.
Skills developed through the Certificate for Classroom Assistants
This qualification develops learners’ practical knowledge and skills in a work context. We designed the qualification to assist learners to develop their careers by identifying learning and assessment needs in classroom, one-to-one or group learning activities. The six mandatory units will contribute to their professional development.