CCEA’s full suite of GCSE and GCE subject support guidance and webinars available online
This week saw the release of the remaining pre-recorded GCSE and GCE webinars, as part of CCEA’s wider support programme for the summer 2021 alternative arrangements. The webinars, alongside the subject support guidance, are available to view at the dedicated Summer 2021 page.
Following the publication of CCEA’s Summer 2021: Alternative Arrangements – Process for Heads of Centre in March 2021, CCEA’s priority was to provide support and up-to-date information for our teachers, students and parents as quickly as possible.
To date this support has included:
- A dedicated Summer 2021 web area, containing a bank of relevant FAQs, informative Students’ Area, and a Summer 2021 Support Package Area, containing all subject specific guidance and pre-recorded webinars for CCEA’s 72 GCE and GCSE qualifications.
- Centre training sessions hosted throughout February and March by the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (CIEA), which were attended by over 700 members of the teaching profession.
- Regular communication with our schools and centres.
Guidance has also recently been added to our website with details of the awarding process for private candidates and students currently studying our range of Occupational Studies, Vocational Qualifications and Entry Level Qualifications.
CCEA will continue to support schools and colleges as they work towards the submission of Centre Determined Grades. As a reminder, the submission dates for the alternative awarding arrangements are:
- 21 May 2021 – A/AS level and CoPE grades
- 4 June 2021 - GCSE, Occupational Studies, Vocational Qualifications, Entry Level Qualifications and OLA grades
In the meantime, our dedicated Summer 2021 web area will continue to be updated with further information and support materials. Teachers can continue to subscribe for subject specific information at ccea.org.uk/sign-up, with updates also posted on our social media channels.