New Resources from the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
New Resources available from the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) to support the teaching of the new GCSE and GCE Chemistry specifications.
Use these resources to support your teaching of CCEA's prescribed practical activities for GCSE. Introduce more variety with our series of alternative experiments that match with the prescribed practical requirements. This document also covers non-prescribed practicals. The link is Northern Ireland GCSE practical guide.
This site provides students of chemistry the opportunity to test themselves on their understanding by answering questions not only on the mechanisms themselves but on the underlying chemistry. It aims to:
- help students to practice solving organic mechanism problems
- build confidence in core knowledge to help solve problems
- recognise evidence available to solve problems
- challenge common misconceptions
Synthesis Explorer (SE) helps students study key organic chemistry reactions in order to understand and plan synthetic routes.
SE is split into two main sections:
- Use "the planner" for displaying compounds and planning synthetic routes.
- Use "the data panel" for displaying compound data, spectra and trends.
REDOX Online CPD This is a paid course (£50) however there is a 25% discount on this for LCP schools (£37.50).
After working through this course you will be able to:
- understand the core ideas about redox;
- explain how the conventions we use like oxidation number and electrode potentials work;
- anticipate common misconceptions that arise and adapt your teaching to minimise these;
- confidently deliver key experiments, demonstrations and activities that develop student understanding; and
- access a wider range of activities and resources to support students' learning about redox reactions.
Download your course development plan to keep a record of your learning and development.