The WOW Factor (Irish)
The WOW Factor is a series of units for each year group. Each unit provides learning, teaching and assessment opportunities that can be run for four to six weeks. The title refers to the need for young people to be able to make informed decisions about their future world of work (WOW).
The WOW Factor:
- builds on the work taking place at Key Stages 1 and 2;
- offers schools a comprehensive programme to address all aspects of Education for Employability;
- promotes a learner-centred approach to implementing Education for Employability;
- includes career planning information and guidance;
- emphasises employability skills development while exploring relevant employability issues; and
- supports DE’s framework for Careers Education, Advice and Information Guidance (CEAIG).