World Religions other than Christianity
Why is worship important in religion?
Overall Learning Intentions
In this unit pupils are learning to analyse how they express themselves in different situations, examine the ways in which people express their religious beliefs and feelings, describe the practices of worship and prayer within a world religion, examine the purpose of prayer in a world religion and reflect on how pilgrimage helps people express their faith in a world religion.
Links with Key Elements
Cultural Understanding – exploring how religious practices have influenced the development of various cultural traditions.
Spiritual Awareness – exploring and responding to the key questions that arise through discussions on the purpose of life.
Skills and Capabilities
Cross Curricular Skills:
- Develop, express and present ideas in a variety of forms and formats, using traditional and digital resources, for different audiences and purposes.
- Using ICT
- Communicate using a range of contemporary methods and tools.
Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities: Focus - Working with Others
- Listen actively and share opinions;
- Respect the views and opinions of others and reach agreements using negotiation and compromise.
- work effectively with others;
- communicate effectively in oral, visual, written and ICT formats, showing clear awareness of audience and purpose.