World Religions other than Christianity
What is Belief?
Overall Learning Intentions
In this unit pupils are learning to define ‘belief’, explore where beliefs come from, examine the beliefs of God/gods/none within a world religion, investigate how beliefs influence people’s lifestyle and appreciate the belief in afterlife within world religions.
Links with Key Elements
Personal Understanding – exploring issues of personal identity (belief)
Spiritual Awareness – exploring and responding to the key questions that arise through discussions on the purpose of life.
Skills and Capabilities
Cross Curricular Skills:
- Contribute comments, ask questions and respond to others' points of view.
- Using ICT
- Create, develop, present and publish ideas and information using a range of digital media.
Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities: Focus - Managing Information
- Ask focused questions;
- Select, classify, compare and evaluate information.
Thinking, Problem-Solving and Decision Making;
- Research and manage information effectively to investigate religious, moral and ethical issues, using ICT where appropriate;
- Communicate effectively in oral, visual, written and ICT formats showing clear awareness of audience, purpose and attention to accuracy.