World Religions other than Christianity
How did it all begin?
Overall Learning Intentions
In this unit pupils are learning to explain how a particular religion began, explore the life of a Founder of a religion, assess how factors/events can influence behaviour and assess the Founder’s significance for followers today. Please note: consideration should be given to religious beliefs about the Founder of the religion and visual representation of the Founder.
Links with Key Elements
Cultural Understanding – exploring the origins of a world religion other than Christianity.
Skills and Capabilities
Cross Curricular Skills:
- Listen to and take part in discussions, explanations, role plays and presentations.
- Using ICT (if appropriate – research and development of end activity)
- Create, develop, present and publish ideas and information using a range of digital media;
Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities: Focus - Working with Others
- Take personal responsibility for work with others and evaluate their own contribution to the group.
Thinking, Problem-Solving and Decision Making
- work effectively with others;
- communicate effectively in oral, visual, written and ICT formats, showing clear awareness of audience and purpose.