Think Pack - Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities
There is no single correct way to use Thinking Cards. You can use them:
- as a stimulus for thinking at various points in a sequence of lessons;
- to inspire ideas when planning a Thinking Skills-infused lesson;
- to draw attention to the skills when a lesson has a particular infusion focus;
- to guide and structure discussion during a group activity;
- to prompt reflection when reviewing a completed piece of work; or
- to give a focus for assessment of the skills.
How you introduce the cards to your learners is important. We recommend that you follow the Step-by-Step Guide so that learners are not overwhelmed and can fully grasp how to use the cards, eventually being able to select and use cards independently.