Spoken Language Tasks Units 1-4
The tasks in Units 1-4 listed below are designed to encourage students to explore language, dialect and poetry to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Acquire a wide vocabulary and knowledge of linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language
- Appreciate our rich and varied literary and linguistic heritage
- Write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style in and for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences
- Use discussion in order to learn; they should be able to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas
- Are competent in the arts of speaking and listening, making formal presentations, demonstrating to others and participating in debates
The materials were originally piloted in 8 diverse post-primary schools in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland between October 2019 and January 2020.