Platinum Jubilee 2022
In 2022, Queen Elizabeth II becomes the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service.
CCEA has created a suite of inspiring and engaging resources to mark the Platinum Jubilee of the Queen.
The animation conveys the culture and atmosphere of Coronation Day, 2 June 1953, and the significance of this memorable and historic event. It provides an effective introduction to the other CCEA Platinum Jubilee resources.
CCEA’s suite of resources will help pupils to build their understanding and awareness of:
- monarchies and their significance;
- the life and reign of the Queen; and
- her role as one of the most recognisable and important international figures in the world today.
The resources focus on the themes of:
- history and citizenship;
- key milestones in the life and reign of the Queen;
- life in the 1950s; and
- the Queen's links across the world, including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
The target audience is Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 pupils and teachers in both mainstream and special school settings, although some activities may also be of interest to Key Stage 1 pupils and teachers.