Change of name on certificates (if applicable)
Suspension of CCEA’s replacement certificate service
Unfortunately, due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, CCEA has had to suspend this service until further notice. Once normal services resume, we will update our website to reflect this.
CCEA does not change details, including names, on a qualification certificate once it has been issued. A certificate is a historical record, showing the candidate’s name and achievements at the time of the award.
The one exception to this is where a candidate requests a name change on the original certificate because of gender re-assignment.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for your name to be changed on your original certificate because of gender re-assignment, please send the following to CCEA:
- A completed application form;
- Two photocopies/scanned copies of identification (at least one must be photographic);
- A copy of your deed poll or statutory declaration; and
- Your original certificate(s);
We need to verify your identity in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and to help prevent fraud.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Driving Licence
- Any card with the PASS logo
- Electoral ID card
- Birth certificate
- Bank, building society, debit or credit card statement (Do not include account number or transaction details)
- Electricity, gas, water, rate or telephone bill
Please do not send original documents as CCEA cannot be held responsible for loss/damage to original documents.
How much does this service cost?
There is no charge for this service.
- Save the PDF to your computer - right click and choose "Save Target As".
- Navigate to where you saved the PDF on your computer and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
*A small number of users experience issues if they have alternative PDF reader software and/or older versions of Adobe Acrobat installed - If you are having issues with our interactive application form, please use our static application form.
Submit ALL required document to CCEA
Please ensure you submit all required documentation with your application. See how to apply above.
- Electronic applications should be submitted to [email protected].
- Postal applications should be submitted in an envelope clearly marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, addressed to:
Results Registry, Entries, Results and Certification Team
Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
29 Clarendon Road