Apply for a replacement of a damaged certificate
Suspension of CCEA’s replacement certificate service (GCSE, GCE and Essential Skills)
Unfortunately, due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, CCEA has had to suspend this service until further notice. Once normal services resume, we will update our website to reflect this. For interim arrangements, please contact [email protected].
CCEA can only issue an original replacement certificate if the originals were damaged or defaced. You will be required to return your original certificate(s) along with a completed application. This service is only available for certificates issued from 2015.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for a replacement certificate please send the following to CCEA via email or post:
- A completed application form;
- Original damaged/defaced certificate(s) (must be posted to CCEA);
- Two photocopies/scanned copies of identification (at least one must be photographic);
- If your name has changed since you sat your examinations you also must include photocopies/scanned copies of one of the following:
- Marriage certificate;
- Deed poll; or
- Decree absolute and birth certificate.
We need to verify your identity in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and to help prevent fraud.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Driving Licence
- Any card with the PASS logo
- Electoral ID card
- Birth certificate
- Bank, building society, debit or credit card statement (Do not include account number or transaction details)
- Electricity, gas, water, rate or telephone bill
Please do not send original documents as CCEA cannot be held responsible for loss/damage to original documents.
How much does this service cost?
The fee for this service is:
- £19 per certificate
How to make a payment
If you want to pay via bank transfer please email [email protected] for further details.
If you are unable to pay via bank transfer, CCEA accepts payments by cheque or postal order (in sterling) made payable to:
Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
- Save the PDF to your computer - right click and choose "Save Target As".
- Navigate to where you saved the PDF on your computer and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
*A small number of users experience issues if they have alternative PDF reader software and/or older versions of Adobe Acrobat installed - If you are having issues with our interactive application form, please use our static application form.
Submit ALL required document to CCEA
Please ensure you submit all required documentation with your application. See how to apply above.
- Electronic applications should be submitted to [email protected].
- Postal applications should be submitted in an envelope clearly marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, addressed to:
Results Registry, Entries, Results and Certification Team
Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
29 Clarendon Road