Apply for a certified statement of results if you have lost a CCEA certificate
This service has been resumed on a limited basis until further notice and will be kept under review. Once restrictions in relation to Covid19 are further relaxed, normal services will resume. Please allow up to 21 days for a response.
If you have lost your CCEA certificate you can make an application to obtain a certified statement of results for CCEA’s general qualifications, including GCE A-Levels, GCSE, CSE, GCE O-Levels and vocational qualifications including Key Skills, Occupational Studies, OLA, QCF and Entry Level. This service is available for certificates obtained in 1963 to present.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for a certified statement of results, please send the following to CCEA via email or post:
- A completed application form;
- Two photocopies/scanned copies of identification (at least one must be photographic);
- If your name has changed since you sat your examinations you must also include photocopies/scanned copies of one of the following:
- Marriage certificate;
- Deed poll; or
- Decree absolute and birth certificate.
We need to verify your identity in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and to help prevent fraud.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Driving Licence
- Any card with the PASS logo
- Electoral ID card
- Birth certificate
- Bank, building society, debit or credit card statement (Do not include account number or transaction details)
- Electricity, gas, water, rate or telephone bill
Please do not send original documents as CCEA cannot be held responsible for loss/damage to original documents.
How much does this service cost?
The fee for this service is:
- £30 for one certified statement of results
- £10 for each additional certified statement of results
How to make a payment
If you want to pay via bank transfer please email [email protected] for further details.
If you are unable to pay via bank transfer, CCEA accepts payments by cheque or postal order (in sterling) made payable to:
Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
Important information for applicants
- If you are unsure which awarding body your examinations were conducted with, please contact your school/centre to obtain this information. CCEA is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and primarily deals with candidates who sat examinations in Northern Ireland;
- CCEA cannot confirm results over the phone or by email;
- Please allow up to 10 working days for your application to be processed;
- CCEA will issue all results held for you in a requested examination series – it is not possible to omit any subjects from a Certified Statement of Results;
- Certificates are issued in the name of the candidate at the time the award was made. Please refer to the Change of Name on Certificates section for notes and exceptions to this;
- You may have to contact more than one awarding body to obtain all your result;
- Incomplete applications may be returned or delayed; and
- We are unable to prioritise applications and do not offer a fast track service.
- Save the PDF to your computer - right click and choose "Save Target As".
- Navigate to where you saved the PDF on your computer and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
*A small number of users experience issues if they have alternative PDF reader software and/or older versions of Adobe Acrobat installed - If you are having issues with our interactive application form, please use our static application form.
Submit ALL required document to CCEA
Please ensure you submit all required documentation with your application. See how to apply above.
- Electronic applications should be submitted to [email protected].
- Postal applications should be submitted in an envelope clearly marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, addressed to:
Results Registry, Entries, Results and Certification Team
Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
29 Clarendon Road