Obtaining, replacing and updating certificates

Replacement certificates

Apply for a certified statement of results to replace a lost CCEA certificate

CCEA can provide a certified statement of results for its general qualifications (i.e. GCSE and GCE), and its vocational qualifications (i.e. Key Skills, Occupational Studies, Vocational Qualifications, Entry Level Qualifications and OLA). This service is available for certificates awarded from 1963 to present.

How to apply

CCEA accepts applications made via email or post. If you wish to apply for a certified statement of results, we require the following:

  • A completed application form;
  • Two photocopies/scanned copies of identification (at least one must be photographic);
  • If your name has changed since you sat your examinations you must also include photocopies/scanned copies of one of the following:
    • Marriage certificate;
    • Deed poll; or
    • Decree absolute and birth certificate.

How much does this service cost?

The fee for this service is:

  • £30 for one certified statement of results
  • £10 for each additional certified statement of results

Each certified statement will cover all subjects at one level in one exam season (e.g. all GCSEs sat in Summer 2005).

How to make a payment

CCEA will accept payment via bank transfer, cheque or postal order. CCEA cannot accept cash payments.

To obtain the CCEA bank details for online payments, please email [email protected] for further details.

Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to: NI CCEA.


Download and complete an application form:

  1. You will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open our interactive PDFs.
  2. Save the file to your computer - right click and choose "Save Link As/Save Target As".
  3. Navigate to where you saved the document on your computer; right click and open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
CCEA Interactive PDF 'How to' Guide

Our interactive PDFs will not work if you attempt to open with your browser or on an iPad/Android tablet.

*If you are having difficulty using the Interactive Form for Email Applications, please download the Static Form for Postal Applications and apply via post.

Submit ALL required document to CCEA

Please ensure you submit all required documentation with your application. See how to apply above.

  • Postal applications should be submitted in an envelope clearly marked PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, addressed to:

    Results Registry - ERC
    29 Clarendon Road
    Clarendon Dock
    BT1 3BG