Learning for Life and Work (LLW) is a statutory Area of Learning in the Northern Ireland Curriculum and has four components. Taking a European Union perspective, EU4U focuses on one of the four: Local and Global Citizenship.
EU4U encourages pupils to:
- explore, understand, evaluate and make informed decisions about the workings of the European Union (EU);
- recognise that the EU influences their lives as individuals and as contributors to society and the economy;
- understand and investigate those influences;
- recognise their place in the EU and that they can have a voice in the EU;
- think critically about how they contribute to the EU; and
- gain confidence in their role as a member of the EU.