Learning for Life and Work
CCEA qualifications in Learning for Life and Work are available at Entry Level and GCSE.
Learning for life and work can cover topics such as:
- diversity, social inclusion, rights and responsibilities;
- the role of government and non-governmental organisations in protecting people’s rights;
- democratic institutions and processes;
- how to maximise physical and mental health and well-being;
- relationships and sexuality;
- how to be a discerning consumer;
- the impact of globalisation on employment;
- recruitment and selection procedures;
- the work environment; and
- businesses’ social responsibility.
These courses provide students with the skills they require to think independently, make informed decisions, and take appropriate action when faced with personal, social, economic and employment issues.