Level 1 Understanding Business Enterprise with Languages and Tourism (2012)
Please note that the last opportunity for assessment for this qualification is Summer 2021; after that, the qualification will be withdrawn. In 2020 and 2021 the assessment is available in Summer only.
CCEA Certificates in Understanding Business Enterprise with Languages and Tourism are available at Level 1 and Level 2.
In the 21st century businesses have to compete more and more in a global marketplace, and this Level 1 qualification can help learners to develop important skills they will need.
Learners study all the units listed below. For each Understanding Business Enterprise, Intercultural Working and Travel and Tourism unit, they must complete a portfolio of work. For the Languages units they take external tests, which we set.
Understanding Business Enterprise
- Unit 1: Understand Enterprise and Enterprising Skills
- Unit 2: Understand the Personal Qualities and Abilities for Business
- Unit 3: Understand the Opportunities and Risks in Running a Business
- Developing Skills for Working with Others from Different Countries and Diverse Cultures
Travel and Tourism
- Unit 1: Understanding the Use of Technology in Travel and Tourism (a Level 2 unit)
- Unit 2: Worldwide Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Unit 1: Speak to Give Simple Information (French, German, Irish, Italian or Spanish)
- Unit 2: Write Simple Texts (French, German, Irish, Italian or Spanish).
See also our Awards in Modern Languages for more information and language content.
Skills developed through Understanding Business Enterprise with Languages and Tourism
This qualification provides opportunities for learners to be creative, imaginative, innovative, flexible, adaptable and self-confident, developing skills that are relevant in general life and work. They build skills and understanding that they will need to engage effectively with a diverse range of people.
They can also gain an understanding of skills and qualities needed to work in the travel and tourism sector and carry out a practical project based on tourism. In addition, they can develop basic speaking and writing skills to communicate in one of five modern languages.
Lost your CCEA exam certificates? Information and help with replacement certificates, certified statement of results and/or updating your details.
Quick Guides to the Curriculum for Parents
What to expect when your child starts primary and/or post-primary school. Download our resource(s).