CCEA qualifications in Geography are available at Entry Level, GCSE and GCE.
Many of the world’s current issues, globally and locally, are the result of geography. Geographers help us to understand issues such as climate change, food and energy security, soil degradation, spread of disease, causes and consequences of migration, and how economic change affects places and communities.
Studying geography helps to develop:
- a lifelong interest in the world around us;
- an understanding of the interaction between people and the environment;
- empathy with issues that affect us as global citizens;
- a range of transferable skills valued in the world of work, including team working, problem-solving, decision-making, creative thinking and managing information; and
- ICT skills through new technologies, including Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
Geography is all around us. It helps us to make sense of our world. Geography is a vital subject in the twenty-first century.
Contact details for Geography
Arlene AshfieldSpecification Support Officer(028) 9026 1200 ext. 2291