Is it worthwhile applying for a review of marking on a script?
Your centre has information about the marks you achieved in each component or unit you sat with CCEA and the grade boundaries for each of these. Where your mark lies in relation to these grade boundaries may affect your decision as to whether or not you should apply for a review of marking. You should contact your centre for advice. Your teachers and your Head of Centre are the best people to advise you. All requests for a review of marking must be submitted by your centre.
Can I see my completed examination script?
Yes CCEA offers an access to scripts service. All access to script requests must be submitted by your centre. Please note the following:
- You must apply before the closing date.
- Once you request access, your script will be subject to additional quality assurance checks which may result in a change to your mark. Please bear this in mind before requesting access.
- Remember you will not receive your original scripts until after the closing date of the Enquiry about Results service.
How much does each service cost?
Each service has a charge. Please click here to view full information on all charges in CCEA’s Post Examination Results Services Summary Document.
How long will it take to get a clerical check?
The outcome of a clerical check will be reported to your centre within 10 calendar days of receiving your request.
How long will it take to get a Review of Marking (not accelerated)?
The outcome of the review of marking will be reported to your centres within 20 calendar days of receiving your request.
All outcomes of review of marking/clerical checks enquiries are returned to centres and not directly to candidates.
What happens if my script is checked and it results in a mark change?
If you request an enquiry about results or access to scripts and it results in a mark change, the new mark will be reported to your centre. If this change of marks in turn leads to a change of grade, you will be issued with a new statement of results which reflects this change. Your certificate will also carry the new grade.
Candidates should be advised before using any enquiry about results service that changes to marks and grades can be higher or lower than the original provisional mark and grade reported.
Am I entitled to a refund of the review of marking if my marks have changed?
You will not be charged for a clerical check/review of marking if the following circumstances apply:
- If you have not cashed in, and a change in marks results in a notional grade change for that unit
- If you have cashed in, and a change in marks results in a change to the overall qualification grade.