I don’t think my grades or marks are right, what can I do?
If you have a query about your results, you should contact your centre (school/college) about using the (EAR) Enquiries about Results service. You can request a review of your script(s) by using this service. All applications for this must come from your centre. CCEA cannot accept requests from candidates or parents/carers/guardians.
If you are an external candidate you should contact the centre where you sat your exams to submit an Enquiry about Results request.
I would like to see my script(s)
You can use the Access to Scripts service to obtain a photocopy or original of your script. The application for access must be made through your centre. However, if you apply for a photocopy you have the option of applying for a review of marking on this script. If you apply for an original script you will not be able to request a review of marking on this script.
There are a number of different services available. Your centre has details of these, or you can find details on the CCEA website. Click here to view the enquiry services available.
Please remember CCEA can only accept Enquiry about Results requests from your centre.
Is it worthwhile applying for a review of marking on a script?
Your centre has information about the marks you achieved in each component or unit you sat with CCEA and the grade boundaries for each of these. Where your mark lies in relation to these grade boundaries may affect your decision as to whether or not you should apply for a review of marking. You should contact your centre for advice. Your teachers and your Head of Centre are the best people to advise you. All requests for a review of marking must be submitted by your centre.
Can I see my completed examination script?
Yes CCEA offers an access to scripts service. Contact your centre to make the application form you. Please note the following:
- You must apply before the closing date.
- Once you request access, your script will be subject to additional quality assurance checks which may result in a change to your mark. Please bear this in mind before requesting access.
- Remember you will not receive your original scripts until after the closing date of the Enquiry about Results service.
I am an A Level candidate and I need a review of marking on my script urgently for application to university. How long will the review take?
- CCEA offers an accelerated review of marking service for GCE A Level students.
- All enquiries must be made through your centre and the closing date for this accelerated service is Thursday 24 August 2017.
- The outcome of this review must be reported to centres within 15 calendar days of receipt of request, but CCEA will make every effort to turn around accelerated requests as quickly as possible.
- All outcomes of reviews of marking are returned to centres and not directly to candidates.
How much does each service cost?
Each service has a charge. The priority 2 service reviews of marking service is £36.55 per script (also known as accelerated). The advantage of using this service is that the outcomes will be reported back to the centre 15 days after receipt of application. As the final date to receive applications is 24th August, outcomes will be reported back to centres by 7th September.
Please Click here to view full information on all charges in CCEA's Post Examination Results Services Summary Document.
How long will it take to get a clerical check?
The outcome of a clerical check will be reported to your centre within 10 calendar days of receiving your request.
How long will it take to get a Review of Marking (not accelerated)?
The outcome of the review of marking will be reported to your centres within 20 calendar days of receiving your request.
All outcomes of review of marking/clerical checks enquiries are returned to centres and not directly to candidates.
What happens if my script is checked and it results in a mark change?
If you request an enquiry about results or access to scripts and it results in a mark change, the new mark will be reported to your centre. If this change of marks in turn leads to a change of grade, you will be issued with a new statement of results which reflects this change. Your certificate will also carry the new grade.
Candidates should be advised before using any enquiry about results service that changes to marks and grades can be higher or lower than the original provisional mark and grade reported.
Am I entitled to a refund of the review of marking if my marks have changed?
You will not be charged for a clerical check/review of marking if the following circumstances apply:
- If you have not cashed in, and a change in marks results in a notional grade change for that unit
- If you have cashed in, and a change in marks results in a change to the overall qualification grade.