Enquiring about Results /Re-marking



I don’t think my grades are right, what can I do?

If you have a query about your results, you should contact your centre about using the (EAR) Enquiries about Results service. You can request a re-mark of your script(s) by using this service. All enquiries must come from your centre.

If you are an external candidate you should contact the centre where you sat your exams to submit an Enquiry about Results request.


What types of post-results services are available to me?

There are a number of different services available. Your centre has details of these, or you can find details on the CCEA website.

Post Examinations Results Services – January 2017 Summary Document
142 KB - uploaded 27-02-2017

Please remember CCEA can only accept Enquiry about Results requests from your centre.


Is it worthwhile applying for a re-mark?

Your centre has information about the marks you achieved in each component or unit you sat with CCEA and the grade boundaries for each of these. Where your mark lies in relation to these grade boundaries may affect your decision as to whether or not you should apply for a re-mark. You should contact your centre for advice. Your teachers and your Head of Centre are the best people to advise you. All requests for re-marks must be submitted by your centre.


Can I see my completed examination script?

If you would like to see any of your examination scripts, please ask the Examinations Officer in your centre who will request these from CCEA through the Access to Scripts Service.

Some important points to remember when applying for this service:

  • an application must be made before the closing date;
  • original scripts are not issued until after the closing date of the EAR service;
  • scripts requested are subject to another quality assurance check which may result in a change to the mark awarded.


How much does each service cost?

View charges in CCEA’s Post Examination Results Services Summary Document.


How long will it take to get a clerical check/remark?

The outcome of a clerical check will be reported to your centre within 20 calendar days of receiving your request.

The outcome of a remark will be reported to your centres within 30 calendar days of receiving your request.

All outcomes of enquiries are returned to centres and not directly to candidates..


What happens if my script is checked and it results in a mark change?

If you request an enquiry about results or access to scripts and it results in a mark change, the new mark will be reported to you. If this change of marks in turn leads to a change of grade, you will be issued with a new statement of results which reflects this change.

Candidates should be advised that changes to marks and grades can be higher or lower than the original mark and grade reported.


Am I entitled to a refund if my marks have changed?

You will not be charged for a check/re-mark under the following circumstances:

  • If you have not cashed in, and a change in marks results in a notional grade change for that unit;
  • If you have cashed in, and a change in marks results in a change to the overall qualification grade.