CCEA is pleased to announce that the new Entry Level Life Skills specification, first teaching September 2017, is now accredited. You can view the draft accredited qualification below.
This qualification has been developed in response to stakeholder feedback to enhance CCEA’s provision of qualifications for learners with special educational needs. The Entry Level Life Skills completes CCEA’s current suite of Entry Level qualifications.
To support the learning of this new qualification there will be an Entry Level Life Skills Launch and Support event taking place on 12th September 2017.
Highlights of the new specification:
- It has been developed with the needs of learners with SEN in mind providing students with the opportunity to develop skills for independent living and personal skills to support their transition to adult life.
- It provides opportunity for students to progress horizontally with the availability of ELQ Life Skills on the completion of any 6 units and ELQ Extended Life Skills on the completion of a further 6 units.
- There are 27 available units covering five skill areas: Independent Living; Personal Development; Communication and Number; Arts and Leisure and Vocational.
If you would like any further information about the specification please contact:
- Education Manager: Teresa Robb firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specification Support Officer: Nola Fitzsimons email@example.com
Note to Editors
Media enquiries to Ruth Hobson on (028) 9026 1200 ext. 2216, Mobile 07718 424 373 , Email firstname.lastname@example.org