Every year CCEA employs a wide range of teachers and lecturers to mark and moderate exams. A supply of well qualified and motivated examiners is key to the success of CCEA’s examinations process.
Grace McDonnell, a current examiner and Acting Head of English at Cookstown High School talks about how examining with CCEA has been a rewarding experience. If you are interested in joining our team, watch this short video to hear what Grace has to say about examining with CCEA.
Marking with CCEA
Benefits of examining with CCEA include:
Benefits to centres
- Teachers/lecturers will be provided with subject specialist professional development at no cost to his/her centre.
- Teachers/lecturers will gain valuable insights into how the specifications they teach are assessed.
- Substitute teacher costs will be covered through the Teacher Release Scheme.
Benefits to you, as teachers/lecturers
Marking/moderating provides you with:
- opportunities to network with other professionals and share resources;
- full training and support in this important role;
- professional development in your subject area;
- a unique insight into how your specification is assessed;
- evidence of professional development for your threshold applications; and
- payment for your services.
Note to Editors
Media enquiries to MarComms, Mobile 07718 424 373, Email email@example.com