CCEA Accreditation, in conjunction with its UK counterpart organisations, co-hosted the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) UK Conference in Birmingham on 25-26 February. Over 130 European & International delegates attended the two day conference that focused on Making Learning Visible with the theme of highlighting European tools for recognising learning and their added value.
The event showcased UK and European EQF initiatives and demonstrated how the EQF is a driver for change in education systems and frameworks.
Richard Hanna, CCEA Chief Executive, welcomed delegates from Europe, Hong Kong and Bahrain; also highlighted the role of CCEA Accreditation in taking forward the management of this unique conference.
Conference speakers included many leading lights in European education and business, from organisations such as Microsoft, Oracle, Cedefop and the International Skills Standards Organisation.
The conference provided delegates with the opportunity to discuss and share ideas in relation to the implementation of EU Education and Training initiatives and covered a range of issues including:
- Implementation of frameworks in Europe and internationally;
- The value of the EQF for Higher Education;
- How the EU Vocational Education and Training (VET) initiatives interact to add value to national VET strategies;
- Validation of Non-Formal and Informal Learning;
- UK Frameworks - direction of travel;
- Challenges for the EQF in moving towards a European Area of Skills and Qualifications;
- The EQF from an employer perspective; and
- The benefits of the tools and how they are being used in practice.
|Ana Carla Pereira,
International Skills Standards Organisation
Note to Editors
Media enquiries to MarComms, Mobile 07718 424 373, Email firstname.lastname@example.org