Becoming a Digital Citizen means developing skills that will be useful to a young person if they wish to take part in digital aspects of society, safely and without hindrance.
A young person should have the knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Choose suitable digital technology for home use;
- Safely set up digital technology to be used in the home;
- Communicate using digital technology;
- Engage with digital technology safely and meaningfully, including capturing photographs and videos;
- Avail of digital services and use them safely and in accordance with the law, including: streaming music; streaming videos; shopping online; and banking online; and
- Consider the moral and ethical impact of digital technology on society.