As a staff, discuss the impact that maths anxiety has on learning and debunk the myth of the ‘maths brain.’
Plan - NumCo (2 hours):
1. Staff complete the Start Line survey.
2. NumCo analyses and considers the findings.
3. NumCo explores the resource, plans and prepares for the discussion session.
Useful links about Maths Anxiety and the myth of the ‘maths brain’:
Key 1: Maths: Fake News
Do - Staff (45 minutes + 4 weeks):
4. NumCo guides the resource use and discussion.
5. Identify small changes for individual classroom.
Review – NumCo (1 hour) and staff (30 minutes)
6. Staff complete the Impact Measure survey.
7. NumCo plans feedback session.
8. Staff discuss the impact of the changes and agree those to stop and those to keep.
9. NumCo records the process and the impact measured.