The statements below provide the minimum content for Learning for Life and Work.
Pupils should be enabled to:
- plan and participate in a regular, frequent and balanced programme of physical activity that:
- develops their interests and talents;
- extends their knowledge, understanding and skills; and
- contributes to, and helps sustain, a healthy and active lifestyle;
- evaluate their own performances and that of others;
- recognise and manage risk and apply safe principles and procedures before, during and after physical activity;
- experience and understand different roles within a range of physical activities;
- know how to access sporting and recreational opportunities in the local and wider community.
This website includes key information about concussion and what action to take if concussion is suspected. The website also provides multi-media teaching aids and other useful resources to help get the important message across to pupils of all ages. Take a look at the new Recognise and Remove website.