We want to inspire writing and we want our pupils to develop:
- enthusiasm for writing;
- belief in their own power;
- belief in their own value;
- belief in their own creativity;
- an active interest;
- a positive attitude to risk; and
- excitement about the power of language to express their true selves.
We want them to embrace the power, the beauty, the pleasure and the freedom that language offers.
We want them to speculate, assume and infer.
Ask your pupils to create a word cloud that includes all the words that they associate with writing. Use the word cloud to highlight the activities you are going to use in this section.