The Education (Pupil Reporting) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009 were outlined for schools in Circular 2009/15 which was issued on 1st October 2009. These set out that Annual Reports should:
- contain the specified headings. Please refer to the interactive reports available here for more information;
- be received by parents by the 30th June;
- indicate if a pupil has been exempted from any part of the curriculum or assessment arrangements; and
- include pupil accreditation: achievement of qualification, award or certificate, including credit towards.
Please note that:
- Irish-Medium schools can report to parents in Irish or English;
- Pupils with severe learning difficulties (SLD) can be reported on using either the headings for the appropriate Key Stage or those specified for reporting on pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).