The purpose of moderation is to confirm to schools and other education partners that the standards which schools are applying in teacher assessment are appropriate and consistent. Moderation for Communication, Using Mathematics and Using ICT in 2016-2017 will involve:
- a review of samples of pupils’ work within agreed school submissions. Each submission should contain samples of work that are representative of the levels that the school intends to award to its Year 10 pupils. This process will involve all schools and will take place in mid-February.
- moderation follow-up which will apply only to those schools whose understanding of the standards have not been verified in moderation. Schools will have the opportunity to avail of CCEA moderator support. This follow-up support will take place during June and September. A summary of all key dates associated with the Moderation process are outlined in the following documents:
Schools will be informed each school year of the skill in which they are to be moderated.
EMA Forms for Moderation Submissions
You will need to include the forms listed below with your submission for Moderation:
- one Declaration of Internal Standardisation (EMA1);
- one cover sheet (EMA6C, EMA6M or EMA6I) for each level included within the school submission; (versions for Irish medium schools also available);
- one school summary sheet to be completed (EMA7S).