CCEA is compiling a reserve call-off list of Invigilators for 2019-2021 on behalf of Post-Primary schools across Northern Ireland. There are opportunities for Chief Invigilators and Assistant Invigilators.
Post-Primary schools use Invigilators during the January and Summer examinations series.
- supervising candidates sitting GCSE and GCE examinations to ensure the integrity of examinations is upheld;
- conducting examinations administration during the examinations timetable.
The Chief Invigilator, under the direction of a centre’s Examinations Officer, manages examination administration and the overall supervision of candidates sitting examinations in a timetabled examination session. The Chief Invigilator supervises the Assistant Invigilator during the examination session being invigilated.
The Assistant Invigilator carries out a range of examinations administrative tasks, as delegated by the Chief Invigilator. The Assistant Invigilator will also invigilate candidates sitting examinations.
As an Invigilator you will:
- have strong organisational skills
- be an effective communicator
- achieve results through accuracy and attention to detail
To be eligible to apply for the Reserve List, you will need to:
- be available during the months of January, May and June each year
- be over 18 years of age
If appointed as an Invigilator, you will be required to provide:
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- an Enhanced AccessNI certificate