Reviser (for Statutory Assessment skill areas)
Revisers review tasks submitted by post-primary schools for Statutory Assessment and advise schools on approval requirements.
Typically a reviser must:
- attend training or courses arranged to familiarise them with new assessment methods and techniques, and administrative procedures;
- assist the designated CCEA officer in identifying sample work suitable to include on the Exemplification Database;
- approve or revise tasks submitted by schools;
- be available to work outside of normal school hours; and
- perform other such services that we may occasionally require.
We require newly-appointed revisers to attend a training event, usually held before the Briefing Meeting.
To apply, you must:
- have experience of teaching the specific Cross-Curricular Skill within the appropriate Key Stage;
- have experience supporting the implementation of the specific Cross-Curricular Skill for at least three years;
- have experience of working or participating in an online environment;
- be eligible to work in the UK; and
- meet enhanced criteria which may apply.
Ideally, you will have:
- experience of writing or revising educational materials; and
- experience of curriculum and/or assessment developments beyond the scope of an individual school.
We also welcome applications from teachers and lecturers who are fluent in Irish, or have experience in Special Educational Needs, who are qualified in this specification area.