Examiner (for GCSE & GCE specifications)
Examiners are responsible for marking candidates' scripts in accordance with the agreed mark scheme.
Typically an examiner will be required to:
- receive an agreed allocation of scripts and mark a sample of them (Advanced Allocation) in preparation for the Standardisation Meeting;
- attend a Standardisation Meeting for each examination series, at which the mark scheme is discussed; and
- mark all allocated scripts within a specified time period. During the marking period, examiners are mentored and supervised by the Principal Examiner or Team Leader.
Online training will be available for newly appointed examiners prior to the Standardising Meeting.
To apply, you must:
- be a fully qualified teacher with one year’s recent teaching experience in a relevant specification area;
- be preferably currently teaching one of the CCEA specifications, or have a broad knowledge of the specification area;
- have the ability to work well under pressure;
- have the ability to meet deadlines;
- be eligible to work in the UK; and
- enhanced criteria may apply.